The library sends notification by e-mail only for items that are two weeks overdue.
The library sends out bills by e-mail or first class mail for the replacement cost of items 30 days overdue.
If you have a question on an overdue or billed notice, please contact Nancy Siegel at 413-789-1550 x8855 or at [email protected].
|Late Fee per Day
|Maximum Late Fee per Item
|Kits & Art Work
|All Other Items
Senior Citizens are not charged late fees, with the exception of museum passes. You may not borrow additional items if your total fines are $10.00 or more. You may not use the public access computers if your total fines are $10.00 or more. This includes fines from any library in the CW/MARS Network.
Lost and Damaged Items
You will be charged the replacement price for lost or seriously damaged items. Items are considered lost when they are 30 days overdue. The library sends out bills by e-mail or first class mail for the replacement cost of items 30 days overdue. You may not borrow additional items or use the public access computers if there is a lost item on your record. This includes items from any library in the CW/MARS Network.
You are responsible for all materials taken out on your card until the date when you report the card lost. Please tell us immediately if your card is lost. You must have identification to receive a replacement card, and the fee is $1.00 for all patrons with the exception of Senior Citizens, who are not charged the lost card replacement fee.
How Long May I Borrow Items?
|New Adult Books
|Books on CD
|Children’s Book & CD Bags
|3 or 4 Weeks
How Many Items May I Borrow?
Kits1 per card; 2 per family
|Limit Per Library Card
|Total Items per Card
|35; 3 on one topic
|New Adult Fiction
|New Adult Non-fiction
|5; 3 per title
|Adult Books on CD
|Children’s Books on CD
|Young Adult Books on CD
|Children’s Book & CD Bags
|Children’s Music Cassettes
Paying Fines Online using your Debit or Credit Card
You can now pay for lost items or library fines online using your Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover Card.
To pay fines
- Login to your account.
- On your patron account page, select the Pay Fines or the Pay Selected Fines link.
- Enter Credit Card information and follow directions.
- Submit payment
- After payment has been approved, you may print a receipt of the transaction.
Will my payment information be stored at the library?
- No. Payment information is never stored.
Can I pay only a part of my fines?
- Yes, you can choose to Pay Selected Fines. You have to pay a complete fine on an item, but do not have to pay all of the fines on your account. Please note that partial payments are for fines only & not lost items.
What type of payments do you accept?
- We accept Visa, MasterCard (including debit cards with those logos), American Express and Discover.
What is a CVV code?
- This three-digit code is printed on most major credit cards and is required for many online payments.
How long does it take before my fines are removed from my account?
- If you choose your fines link after submitting your payment, you will see your total adjust immediately for your payment.
How can I get a receipt for my fine payment/donation for my records?
- You will receive a receipt to print from the screen after the transaction., or an e-mail receipt can be sent to the e-mail address listed on the payment record.
Can I pay for my child’s fines using eCommerce?
- Yes, as long as you enter your name and billing information, the system will allow payment even if the patron account belongs to someone else.
- Contact the Agawam Library circulation desk with any further questions or concerns at 413-789-1550 x8860, or Chad Pelley, Circulation and Technical Services Library Associate at [email protected] phone 413-789-1550 x8858.