The Agawam Library is committed to providing equal access for all people who wish to use the library and its collection. In order to provide this service there are various adaptive technologies available at the Library to assist patrons who might need different ways to access print and electronic resources.
Special materials that may interest the visually impaired include books in Braille, large-print books and audio books on CD.
We also have applications for the Perkins Braille and Talking Book Library Program.
Click here for applications.
The Library also has an Optiplex machine, which allows the user to enlarge everyday printed reading materials. Simply place the book, newspaper, or any printed material on a platform and the image appears enlarged on a screen above. It magnifies up to 60 times and minimizes glare. The monitor is placed directly in front of the user for comfortable reading.
Various framed art reproductions including prints from Cassatt, Monet, Stegmen, and Vermeer are available for a 6 week loan period at the Library.
- The library has three photocopy machines for public use.
- One is on the main level of the library by the Information Desk. It only copies in black & white. Copies cost .10 a page.
- Two others are located on the lower level of the library. 1 is black & white only & copies cost .10 per page. The other prints in color & copies cost .25 a page.
Click HERE for flyer about free English classes for adult ESL students.
Mobile Printing at the Agawam Library:
From your smartphone
Laptop or tablet:
- Forward email to:
[email protected] (for black & white)
[email protected] (for color)
- OR upload documents at this web address:
Enter your email address at the Agawam Public Library Print Release Station at the Reference Desk to print your documents.
Questions? Please call 413-789-1550 x2.
1. Passes are available to Agawam and Feeding Hills residents eighteen years or older with a valid CW/MARS library card in good standing (no lost items, no fines of $10.00 or more).
2. Reservations may be made at the Information Desk or by calling 789.1550 x4. Passes may be reserved up to four weeks in advance. There is a limit of one pass per family per day, and three reservations per family per month – only one reservation per museum.
3. Passes are loaned out for 2 days. They may be returned in the book drop when the library is CLOSED. Passes must be returned on time so they will be available for the next person. Late charges of $5.00 per day, with a maximum fine of $50.00.
4. Passes are NOT renewable.
5. Passes are checked out and returned at the Information Desk. You must present your library card, and sign a form agreeing to late fees and replacement cost if the pass is lost.
6. Please call and cancel if you are unable to use the pass. If you do not pick up the pass on the day it is reserved (15 minutes prior to closing), it may be checked out to another patron, first come, first served.
7. A call to the museum to confirm current hours and exhibits is suggested.
Agawam Public Library Offers Home Delivery Service
Books and More, Straight To Your Door!
The Library is pleased to offer free Home Delivery of Library materials to Agawam and Feeding Hills residents who cannot make it to the Library due to illness, injury, transportation difficulties, or any other mobility obstacles. Patrons can use the service on a short term basis, such as recovering from surgery, or on a year round basis.
Enjoy the Library collection without having to visit the Library in person. Whether you read books and magazines, watch DVDs, or listen to audiobooks or music, the Library will arrange to have items delivered to and picked up from your home by staff members or trained volunteers.
To find out more information talk to a Library Staff Member in person or call us at 413-789-1550 ext. 8853
For an application for Home Delivery please click here.
For the Home Delivery Service Policy Document please click here.
For a Home Delivery Service Questionnaire, which should be filled out before requesting service, please click here.